VicTrack was awarded the contract to design, procure, test and commission a Victorian Government data network (iGSN) to provide a method of delivering cost effective, high bandwidth data network services for a number of tier one Victorian Government Departments.
The design utilises Fibre optic cable to all sites, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment to nominated locations including design, staging, installation and vendor maintenance and an IP/MPLS core. The iGSN project has two goals:
1. Provide IP-MPLS services of highly available bandwidth connecting the government’s data centres in Burwood and Ballarat, and
2. Provide IP-MPLS services connecting nominated Victorian Government locations within the Melbourne CBD.
As part of their Quality process, prior to handover of the new iGSN, VicTrack commissioned Consultel to independently assess the:
- Completeness and reasonableness of the design of the network;
- Completeness and reasonableness of the network acceptance plan; and
- The robustness and completeness of the outcomes of the network acceptance tests.
Consultel completed all elements of the quality process as required by the client, on time and on budget and the iGSN was successfully tested and handed over to the Victorian Government.